When was the last time you saw your dentist for a checkup?
Life gets busy. We get it! But it should never get so busy that you forget to see your dentist. It is time for you to turn to Dr. Michael Caserta and Dr. Adrian Basu of Dental Associates of Shelton in Shelton, CT, for your routine teeth cleaning. After all, these six-month checkups are truly the best way to keep your smile healthy.
What happens during a dental cleaning?
When you come into the office for your six-month checkup here’s what to expect:
- A thorough professional cleaning using specialized tools that will fully remove plaque and tartar buildup, while also removing surface stains
- A comprehensive oral examination to make sure that your teeth look healthy and that there aren’t any issues
- An oral cancer screening to evaluate the soft tissue of the mouth to look for lesions, patches, and other warning signs of oral cancer
- Once a year we will perform X-rays to get a more in-depth look at the health of your entire mouth including the face and jaw (it can also detect decay between teeth)
- We will provide recommendations as necessary. If you grind your teeth at night we may recommend creating a custom nightguard that you’ll wear to protect your teeth while you sleep
How often do I need a dental cleaning?
Most people need to see the dentist twice a year. Smokers, those with active oral health diseases, and pregnant or menopausal women may be more at risk for developing dental issues and may want to come in every 3-4 months for cleanings and checkups.
If it’s been more than six months since your last routine cleaning, then it’s time to turn to Dr. Michael Caserta and Dr. Adrian Basu of Dental Associates of Shelton in Shelton, CT. To schedule your next visit, call (203) 924-4115.