Why shuttle your family all over town for dental appointments when a family dentist can provide quality care for the entire group? Our Shelton, CT, family dentists, Dr. Michael Caserta and Dr. Adrian Basu at Dental Associates of Shelton, explain how family dentistry services can protect the smiles that matter the most to you.
What is family dentistry?
When you visit a family dentistry practice, you'll notice that your fellow patients range in age from toddlers to senior citizens. Family dentists are just as skilled at treating dental issues that affect children as they are at performing root canals and providing crowns and bridges for adults.
What services do you offer?
Family dentists offer a range of services that will keep your teeth healthy, including:
- Regular Examinations and Cleanings: Dental problems aren't always obvious, at least at first. When you visit our Shelton office every six months, we just may spot a small cavity or other issues that can affect your oral health. Addressing the problem when it's minor can help you avoid extensive dental work in the future. Regular exams also help ensure that your child's jaw and mouth are developing normally. Visits include cleanings to remove plaque and tartar from teeth, decreasing your cavity and gum disease risk.
- Sealants: Sealants are applied to your child's newly erupted pre-molars and molars. These teeth are frequently the site of cavities because they contain small pits and grooves where plaque collects. The plastic-based sealant material fills in the depressions in these teeth, preventing cavities.
- Fillings: Fillings are necessary if tooth decay has destroyed part of your tooth. After the decayed area is removed, a filling material is added to restore the tooth. Tooth-colored composite resin fillings are the most common type of fillings used today.
- Crowns: Crowns are used to treat a variety of problems with teeth. They restore teeth that have broken, prevent cracked and fragile teeth from breaking and cover imperfections that affect the appearance of your teeth.
- Bridges, Dentures and Dental Implants: If tooth loss is a problem, you may be interested in bridges or dentures. Bridge replace several missing teeth, while dentures replace all of your upper or lower teeth. If you prefer a more permanent restoration option, you may want to consider dental implants. The implants bond to your jawbone and can replace one tooth or all of them if you choose implant-supported dentures.
Ready to make an appointment for your family? Call our Shelton, CT, family dentists, Dr. Caserta and Dr. Basu at Dental Associates of Shelton, at (203) 924-4115 to schedule an appointment.