Posts for tag: Family Dentist
When searching for a family dentist in Shelton, CT, you want one who will treat you like a member of his or her own. Dr. Michael Caserta and Dr. Adrian Basu of Dental Associates of Shelton are committed to providing a positive experience for patients from infancy to adulthood. Our family dentist in Shelton, CT, may recommend pediatric dental treatments to patients as little as one year old to prevent tooth decay or save and repair your child's teeth when necessary. Please call our office to discuss what options might be best.
How Often Should My Kids See The Dentist
Children should begin seeing a dentist at the age of one or as soon as the first tooth appears. Doing so can establish a solid foundation for oral care throughout their lifetime. You may wonder why it's necessary to start assessing their mouth this early. But it's valuable to address oral habits such as finger or thumb-sucking, which can negatively impact tooth position. Visiting a dentist twice a year is a good rule of thumb, but like models for most things, one size doesn't fit all. For children (and adults), the amount of dental visits required depends on your oral hygiene, habits, and health. If you're prone to cavities, periodontal disease, or lack oral care habits, Dr. Caserta and Dr. Basu may request to see you a bit more frequently.
Our family dentist in Shelton, CT, considers it a pleasure to rid adults and children in the community of oral diseases and create beautiful smiles. When visiting Dental Associates of Shelton, Dr. Michael Caserta, and Dr. Adrian Basu focus on the unique needs of every patient, regardless of age. If your child plays sports, we offer custom mouth-guards to protect their teeth from injury, or if teeth require straightening, both dentists can answer any orthodontic questions or concerns you (or your child) may have. Please call (203) 924-4115 to schedule an appointment with our Shelton, CT, family dentist.
Making time for dental checkups can sometimes seem like an impossible task, especially when you have multiple members in your household. A family dentist can make this aspect easier to manage, but that is just one way that they can help you and your family. To learn more, contact your Shelton, CT, family dentists Dr. Michael Caserta and Dr. Adrian Basu of Dental Associates of Shelton.
It's More Convenient
A family dentist can make your life more convenient in a number of ways. Because they care for patients from all age groups you can be sure that everyone in your household can be treated in the same office. This simplifies things like scheduling by allowing you to coordinate appointments that best suit your family's needs without having to run around to different offices. Centralizing everyone's dental health history in one place is an added bonus.
Ease Your Children's Worries
You'll certainly be glad to know that your dentist sees young patients on a regular basis. Experience with treating children at every stage of development makes your family dentist an excellent resource for nervous children. Having them come in when adult members of the family also have appointments can help further ease their fears. This can have a great impact on their dental habits now and as they grow up.
It's All About Prevention
A family dentist can help by eliminating some of the biggest issues that have you and your family come into the office. Regular checkups and cleanings prevent some of the more serious dental problems that can arise. When dental work is required it can be performed early before more invasive procedures are needed.
Family Dentists in Shelton, CT
There are many ways that a family dentist can help you and your family and it all begins with a phone call. Schedule a consultation today with Dr. Caserta and Dr. Basu of Dental Associates of Shelton in Shelton, CT, by dialing (203) 924-4115.
Good oral hygiene is essential for a healthy smile, but regular visits to a family dentist are just as important. Your Shelton, CT, family dentists, Dr. Michael Caserta and Dr. Adrian Basu of Dental Associates of Shelton, offer the treatments and services you need to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Why it makes sense to choose a family dentist
Visiting a family dentist offers many advantages, including these important benefits:
- Care for the Entire Family: Family dentists don't have any age restrictions for their patients. They provide care for toddlers, children, teens, adults, and senior citizens and are familiar with dental issues that occur throughout your life.
- Convenience: When your entire family visits the same Shelton, CT, dental office, you'll spend less time driving to appointments and can schedule a group checkup for everyone in your household.
- Better Oral Health: Your dentist can spot cavities long before you're aware you have a problem. Without prompt treatment, tooth decay could destroy much of your tooth and even cause an infection in your tooth pulp. Your dentist offers fillings and other treatments that protect your teeth and gums. Dental cleanings, an important part of every checkup, remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. These substances play a role in tooth decay and gum disease. Fortunately, regular visits help you reduce your risk of both issues.
- The Latest Cosmetic Treatments: Your dentist offers a variety of treatments designed to improve the appearance and function of your teeth. They can repair or strengthen a damaged or weak tooth with a dental crown, improve the shape of a twisted tooth with a veneer, brighten your smile with teeth whitening, or restore a missing tooth with a dental implant.
- Friendly, Knowledgeable Staff: Your dentists and their staff are committed to making dental visits positive experiences for you and your entire family. They'll explain treatment options, help you improve your oral hygiene, and check with your dental insurance company regarding coverage for procedures and treatments.
Do you need to pay a visit to the family dentist? Call your family dentists in Shelton, CT, Dr. Caserta and Dr. Basu of Dental Associates of Shelton, at (203) 924-4115 to schedule your appointment.