Posts for tag: Tooth Colored Fillings
Family dentists treat cavities by removing decayed portion of the tooth then filling the once decayed area. Fillings also repair cracked, broken teeth and worn down teeth. Drs. Michael Caserta and Adrian Basu of Dental Associates of Shelton in Shelton, CT, provide patients with fillings to protect teeth.
More About Tooth-colored Fillings
About 78% of people have had at least one cavity by age 17, according to a 2000 report by the U.S. Surgeon General. Dental fillings seal a small hole in your tooth caused by cavity and decay. Fillings prevent bacteria-induced infection from spreading further into teeth and gums.
What does the procedure consist of?
- Your Shelton family dentist first examines teeth/tooth using x-rays to determine the extent of the decay.
- Your tooth will be anesthetized so you won't feel any discomfort.
- The family dentist then removes the decayed area of the tooth.
- The remaining tooth structure is roughened with a mildl acidic solution, then translucent cement is applied to bond the tooth and the filling material together.
- A special light hardens each layer applied.
- The dentist shapes composite material, removes excess material and polish the final restoration.
Advantages of Tooth-colored Composites
- Tooth-colored fillings match the color of existing teeth.
- They are perfect for visible parts of teeth.
- Composite fillings provide further structural support.
- It restores and repairs chipped, broken, or worn teeth.
Other Filling Types
In addition to tooth-colored, there is also ceramics and glass ionomer composite resin fillings:
- Ceramics are made of porcelain and are resistant to staining.
- Glass ionomer is made of acrylic and a specific type of glass material that eliminates secondary leakage.
Need a consultation?
If you would like to speak with a family dentist, then contact Drs. Michael Caserta and Adrian Basu of Dental Associates of Shelton in Shelton, CT, at (203) 924-4115 today!
What your dentists in Shelton, Connecticut want you to know
If you have tooth decay and need fillings, now you have a choice. Not too long ago, your only option was unsightly metal fillings. Modern filling materials are different and offer cosmetic beauty and strength. They can actually enhance your smile. That’s only one of the benefits of tooth-colored fillings. Dr. Michael Caserta and Dr. Adrian Basu at Dental Associates of Shelton in Shelton, Connecticut want to introduce you to tooth-colored fillings and what they can do for your smile.
When you choose tooth-colored fillings, no metal is used. Instead, a revolutionary liquid resin known as composite is the filling material. Composite can be perfectly matched to both the color and shape of your teeth, allowing you to have a virtually invisible dental restoration.
Your treatment begins with an etching material, which creates microscopic openings in your tooth surface to retain the composite. Next, a strong bonding cement is applied, and finally, the composite. Your dentist will shape and sculpt the composite material to perfection, and then harden the material using a dental light.
There are many reasons why people love tooth-colored fillings. These are just a few:
- Cosmetic beauty; using no metal, tooth colored fillings become a virtually invisible addition to your smile.
- Strength; tooth colored fillings hold your tooth together, protecting it from breaking.
- Quick treatment; most tooth colored fillings only require one appointment.
- Easy treatment; if there is no decay present you may not even need anesthetic.
Tooth colored fillings can be used to repair teeth that are:
- Decayed or damaged
- Chipped or cracked
- Worn-down or eroded
It’s time to think differently about dental fillings. It’s time to say goodbye to metal and say hello to a beautiful, natural looking, tooth colored filling! People will notice your beautiful smile and not your fillings. To find out more about tooth-colored fillings and other restorative and cosmetic dental services, call Drs. Michael Caserta and Adrian Basu at Dental Associates of Shelton in Shelton, Connecticut. Call today to enhance and strengthen your smile!